Tuesday, 7 November 2017
For this project I used Gina K inks in Red Hot, Turquoise Sea and Moonlit Fog to repeatedly stamp a square spellbinders stamp in alternate colours.
I used a diagonal strip MFT rubber background stamp to stamp one way in Turquoise Sea ink and then I turned the cardstock 90 degrees and stamped again in Ocean Mist ink. This created a diagonal gingham pattern.
I die cut the word Celebrate from part of the gingham pattern and also cut it again three times from black cardstock. These were layered together and adhered to a strip of some of the same gingham pattern.
Underneath is stamped Happy Christmas white heat embossed and foam mounted.
Some silver drops have been added to the centre of the grey stamped images.
I will be entering this into the typography card challenge at Cards in Envy http://cardsinenvy.blogspot.com/
I started out with some Spectrum Noir colorista rubber stamps (floral) and arranged them into my stamp positioning tool. I stamped them with Gina K ivory ink so that I could still see the images enough to be able to colour them. (In hindsight I would use a slightly darker pink as I found it difficult to colour the images. ) I DID NOT REMOVE the stamps from the stamp positioner as I needed to restamp these in the exact position later.
I used various alcohol markers to colour the floral arrangements, then placed the cardstock back into the stamp positioner and restamped the image in exactly the same place with Versamark Ink. I then white heat embossed the images over the top of my images.
I then die cut a swirly heart shape and coloured it with Copper metallic paint. I die cut the word Celebrate and coloured that in a coordinating alchol marker.
I added a white heat embossed Happy Birthday sentiment on black cardstock and added some sequins and drops to finish off the card.
I have been inspired by some of the beautiful floral scrapbook paper that you can buy, but thought that I would like to make my own in some colours of my own choice.
I started out by die cutting some stampin up flower patch flowers (the large lilac one that you can see in the photo) and leaves and used temporary adhesive to stick them to my card base.
I used a stippling brush and Gina K lemon drop ink to tap ink onto the cardstock to obtain a light yellow background.
Then I removed the leaf masks only and left the flower mask in place and used the coordinating leaf stamp to stamp the leaves in the appropriate areas. For the leaves I used Gina K jelly bean green ink.
I then removed the flower masks and stamped the coordinating flower in Gina K lovely lavender ink.
I used a layering stamp to stamp the middle of the flower with edible eggplant.
You can't see it in the photo, but I also used wink of stella on the middle of the flowers to add some shine.
I then die cut the Hooray sentiment from white cardstock and also one from black cardstock. I coloured the white Hooray die cut with a matching alcohol marker.
I stuck the two die cuts together and offset them ever so slightly to obtain a shadow look on the die cut.
I added the extra Congratulations sentiment by white heat embossing onto black cardstock.
Sunday, 27 August 2017
Sketch Saturday has a challenge at the moment which inspired me to create this card. I recently purchased a MFT background stamp and an Avery Elle bow stamp that I really wanted to try out.
The colours I used were Gina K turquoise sea, lovely lavender, powder blue, Stampin up crumb cake and Prima Marketing color philosophy new ink Brunch sangria. (I personally would not buy Prima marketing color philosophy ink again as I prefer a more solid look to my stamping.)
I used one of the MFT plaid stamps (a plain long stamp) to stamp the edges of one of the smaller layered card pieces in Gina K Elegant eggplant ink so that it would match the rest of my card.
I added some sequins (and added a little blue stickles to the middle of the sequins for some shine).
Sketch saturday link : http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.com.au/2017/08/sketch-478-with-bugaboo-stamps.html
Saturday, 12 August 2017
Happy Holidays to me !
Well, I am on 4 weeks long service leave and am happily able to do some crafting. I have created an inlaid die cut card made from a circle die and a rectangle die with a moth die inlaid also. I created a small medallion from some plaid October afternoon paper and the sentiment is Papertrey ink Celebrate stamp and die cut set.
Monday, 22 May 2017
Well this was fun ! I wanted to create a mandala graphic on my card, so I utilised the power of the stamp positioner to use my own stamps and create my own "mandala" of sorts.
I will enter this into the Sunday Stamps challenge :
Friday, 19 May 2017
I had so much fun figuring out how to make a background by using my stamps and turning the cardstock around in the stamp positioner. I used a 6 x 6 piece of cardstock, divided it into 3/4 inch squares and used that in my stamping tool. You might want to check out the video below on how to do it.
I used the My favourite things sketched blooms 2 and gina K inks for this card.
Happy stamping !
This card has been entered into the following challenge: